Alta began work on a trail feasibility and wayfinding plan in 2010 for the five-mile “Park to Playa” corridor within Baldwin Hills, in central Los Angeles County – the eastern portion of the 12-mile trail to the sea. The vision to create a seamless trail that connects urban residents with the natural coast will be realized through multiple-agency and jurisdictional coordination with California State Parks, Los Angeles County Parks, Los Angeles City Parks, and Baldwin Hills Regional Conservation Authority. Alta led a design team to prepare construction documents, environmental documents, and obtain permits to implement the project.
We are now working on multiple drawing sets and getting all parts of the project PS&E to 100% for multiple agency approval and bidding. Alta will manage the construction administration for the whole project and our hope is that construction on the first segment of this major project will begin in fall!
- Happy Hour & Open House at Alta Planning + Design/Denver, Sept 9 - August 27, 2013
- Park to Playa Trail Project Finally Nearing Completion! - August 20, 2013
- OCTA Districts 1&2 Bikeways Strategy – Cross-Office Collaboration - June 18, 2013
- “Cycling Connects” at the Miami Valley Cycling Summit - June 6, 2013
- Stafford Basin Trail Now Open for Business! - June 6, 2013
- Missoula and Jackson Hole Bicycle Wayfinding Programs Find their Way into the Hearts of their Communities - May 21, 2013
- Over 140 People Attend City of Santa Monica’s First Kidical Mass Ride - May 15, 2013
- EPA Technical Assistance on Planning for Bike Share - May 14, 2013
- Astoria Transportation System Plan, OR - May 14, 2013
- Washington State University Bicycle and Pedestrian Plan - May 14, 2013